Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good News???

I thought I'd begin this next entry with some very appropriate words from a favorite song of mine...

Will you fly to me tonight
And bring me your peace
And with your love, lift me up
With healing in your wings
I'm longing for your strength
And rest to my soul
Feeling you near
Offers me hope

********
The entire month of April has been consumed with some random, unexplained illness. Infection? Virus? Serious? Worrisome? Nothing? Honestly, it has left me feeling completely wiped out and feeling less and less like myself everyday. So after a long sleepless night last night, I have decided that the only thing I can do is return to normal life as much as possible regardless of whether I feel "okay" or not. I feel so much better having made that decision and I've realized that sometimes the answers and explanations don't come immediately or even in a "timely fashion".
Yesterday was tough. I went back to the doctor... I was completely unprepared for what he was going to say. I had an appointment at 2:20 and by 5 that evening I had gone from a follow-up doctor appointment to being admitted to the hospital for a CT scan of the brain... thankfully the doctors were able to get me the results right away rather than making me wait and worry the entire weekend! The results came back clean... no brain cancer. hmmmm.... that's comforting! :)
So, now I've gone from infection, to virus, to something neurological. My doctor sent me for the scan because I'm having a hard time getting the right side of my body to work. My arm is really weak and my hand tremors for no apparent reason, and my leg is painfully stiff and pretty weak as well.
So... we are just going to play the "wait and see" game. I'm not necessarily happy about that... I want an answer now... who wouldn't!?

Anyway, my dad put it this way... Doctors work in what we call a "practice". Regardless of how long they've been a doctor, they are still "practicing" medicine. Not every patient or illness is the same, so not every diagnosis is black and white. The doctor will eventually find out what's wrong... it may just take some time.
So not the answer I wanted!!! :) Why do dads always know exactly what to say???

3 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

I'm so thankful it's NOT brain cancer. Man, what a time you've had this Spring! Hope to see you soon. :)

Jenelle said...

I hope you are soon able to find out what's going on! You'll be in my prayers.

Cami said...

That's good to hear it's not brain cancer! I will continue to pray for you and hope you find out soon what it is so they can treat it and you can get better!