Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh my daughter!

So, I'm at home this week on Spring Break... my girls however are NOT! yay!!!!!!!
Anyway, I got an incredibly weird set of text messages from Kayla this morning as I was enjoying the blissful silence...

Kayla: What movies does Tom Cruise play in?
Mom: Uh... a lot of movies.
Kayla: Like...
Mom: Mission Impossible (It's the only one I could think of!)
Kayla: Besides that...
(Dang now what do I tell her?)
Mom: Top Gun
Kayla: What?... No seriously mom. Is that a real movie? (I guess she's a little young!)
(mom finally wises up...)
Mom: Kayla, are you cheating on a test or something? And it's only 9:30 in the morning... you're not at lunch, so are you texting me during class?
(I have yet to receive a response!!! ...Oh my daughter!)

ps... she finally told me why she was asking.... apparently some boy in class was making fun of her for not knowing who Tom Cruise was. And yes, she WAS texting me durning class!

Someone please humor me by telling me that I will survive the teenage years! :) Honestly, if texting during class is as bad as it gets, I'll count myself LUCKY!!!

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

that is too funny...but what kind of test has questions about what movies Tom Cruise is in?

Jenelle said...

Those kids and their texts, huh? She is so cute. I can tell ya from experience that she'll be just fine. She's an amazing girl. :) But I myself am scared to raise a teenage daughter one day. I'll have to call and get pointers from you! P.S. I talked to the Bishop tonight- Did CJ call you? They should call your assistants soon! LUV U!

Heather Anne said...

Seriously Cyndi.... I was thinking the same thing about the "test question"... apparently there was a boy in her class making fun of her for not knowing who Tom Cruise was. I'm actually very happy that she has no idea who he is! :)