Thursday, April 9, 2009

A little prayer for mom...

Monday morning the alarm went off and as I rolled over to shut it off the room started spinning and wouldn't stop. I thought maybe I was having some sort of nightmare or something, but no, it was all too real. I vaguely remember sending my girls out the door and off to school. I drifted in and out of sleep for most of the day... and when I was thinking clearly, realized that this was anything but normal and wondered if maybe, just maybe, I should go to the doctor.
Later that afternoon I hear my girls return home from school. The only thing I remember is Krystian kneeling on the bed next to me rubbing my forehead with her little hand. Then I hear her say, "Dear Heavenly Father, please help my mommy get better. She's really sick and she needs to get better so she can go to work and go to the store and take care of us. She's such a nice mommy and I love her, so please make her better. (then she leans over and says mommy, I need help with the ending... what do I say again?) in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
She then hopped up and went running off to play.
I'm such a lucky mom!

5 comments:

Jenelle said...

Heather, that is SO sweet. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwee! So cute!

Marci said...

That totally made me tear up! What a sweetheart. She learned it from the best! :D

Cyndi said...

That is SO SWEET! You have such GREAT girls. Hope you feel better!

Grandma Turtle said...

I keep waiting to hear your happy laughter at work, but I haven't heard it for a couple weeks, now. Hope you get feeling better over the weekend.