Friday, May 8, 2009

Waiting.... patiently....

After 5 weeks of being told so many different things, I took matters into my own hands!
I've had 3 different doctors now tell me that I need to see a neurologist... apparently getting an appointment with a neurologist is not an easy thing to do around here. The average appointment was 2~3 months out. I consider myself a patient person.... but personally.... that's a little more patience than I (or anyone) can deal with!

Long story short... I admitted myself to the ER at St. Mark's on Monday and told the doctor that I wasn't leaving without seeing a neurologist and getting an MRI. The ER doctor (Dr. Paradise... hmmmm... I just like saying his name) took me seriously... and the entire staff there took VERY, very good care of me! I was there for about 6 hours... they ran blood tests, did 2 more CT scans, set up an MRI and got me an appointment with a neurologist next Tuesday. Oh, and he's also sending me to an ENT to see why I'm still having vertigo 6 weeks later. All in all I finally feel like I can breathe because I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. I talked to my dad last night and he told me that this was the first time in weeks where I am actually starting to sound like myself again... I think that not only am I feeling physically drained, but waiting and waiting has drained me mentally and emotionally as well.

There is light on the horizon.... I had the MRI yesterday and the results came back in my favor! Of course I'm very grateful that all of the tests so far have been clean... but then again we still have no idea what is wrong! I'm suppose to follow up with the neurologist next week and I guess we'll just keep going from there... please tell me I'm not crazy and this isn't all just in my head! (no pun intended... seriously!) :)

Thanks to all of you for your love and prayers!!!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Good for you! I'm glad that you are making progress. HUGS to you!

Jenelle said...

You'll continue to be in my prayers. Let me know what I can do. I enjoyed talking to you the other day. You're so strong Heather! Keep it up!

Joanna Taylor said...

I've been thinking and praying for you! I hope you get insight soon!! ((hugs))