Saturday, September 22, 2012

my newest obsession...

I am in designer heaven right now!
I recently stumbled across this website and I am completely in love.
One of my favorite things about design school and working for a design firm was the opportunity I had to make color boards {or mood boards} ALL the time.  There is just something so satisfying about putting together a board.  It's where the idea in my head becomes a real life vision, and it was one of my favorite parts of the design process.

This was my first attempt... {the Vintage Inspired bedroom}
vintage inspired bedroom

...followed shortly by a second attempt... {the Shabby Southern room}
shabby southern...

I am completely obsessed!!!  The program is a work of layering genius and I can't seem to get enough.  I honestly wish this would have been around back while I was in design school.

What I love {and think my design loving friends will love too} is this:

  • every item you find and "pin" to your board keeps the link back to the original site where you found it... making it super easy to reference for a client.
  • the program itself is super easy to learn and use.
  • you can make 2D and 3D boards, which makes your design concept very easy for a client to envision.
  • it gets the creative juices flowing... or at least it does for me.
  • it's FREE {and who doesn't love free}!
  • and finally... you can download the jpg file of your board and send it to a client. {absolute perfection!}
So there you have it... I confess to having a major obsession.  The fact that I walked away from the site long enough to blog about it is a major feat!

Check it out... go do it... now!

No comments: