Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The warmth...

It snowed!

I got to enjoy a little warmth with Miss Krystian this morning. I'm off of work for the week and got to do the one thing I cherish most... spending a small yet warm moment with one of my girls!

Krystian and I walked to school this morning. Now it's only a short walk across the street, but Krystian made every second count. She serenaded me with her rendition of Frosty the Snowman, then we stopped to crunch snow under our boots, and finished by catching a few snowflakes on our tongues. She talked and talked about all the fun she's having in her classroom this year and how excited she is for Halloween this weekend.
I love our conversations.

I enjoyed waving to all of my neighbors who were smart enough to drive to school on such an icy, cold morning. And I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with all of my daughters' friends along the way.

It may be cold outside, but the walk to school this morning was a warm reminder of how wonderful life really is!

1 comment:

Grandma Turtle said...

When you're happy, I'm happy. :)