Friday, June 12, 2009

What to Do, What to Do...

So, for the past two weeks (well actually 14 months) I have been going back and forth about going back to school. When I graduated from design school last spring I thought I wanted to jump right back into it and applied for the architecture and engineering program at the U... after a lot of thought and prayer I just felt like it wasn't the right time or the right thing to do. So, for the last two weeks I have just been overwhelmed with the feeling that it's time to start up again. Here's where it gets interesting. I originally wanted to stick with something in the design industry, like architecture or engineering (city planning), but the more I think about it... I feel like I need to pursue a family friendly career. This is where I'm beginning to think that the teaching job I was offered last fall fell into my lap for a reason.

...so, I'm off to school AGAIN... the secondary education program at Westminster to be exact. The best part? With a design degree and a liberal/fine arts background, I can teach what I love and still be there to raise my family!!! Yay for knowing that this is what I'm suppose to be doing! :)

1 comment:

Grandma Turtle said...

Yay, for making a big decision! Will you still be working at our school this next year, or will you be going to college full time? How's Brad?