Sunday, August 24, 2008

This is what life is all about!

Today seemed like just another Sunday, but I am going to bed truly grateful for the good things I have in life.
A couple of priesthood holders in our ward came over this evening to give the girls each a priesthood blessing to begin the school year with. This has been something that I have done for my girls since they started school... I've always "recruited" a few of my friends to come over and do this for my girls... but with everything being so crazy the past few weeks I kind of let it slip thru the cracks this year... so imagine my surprise when 2 good friends of mine showed up on my doorstep this evening.
It was such a wonderful surprise and I was so happy that even though I hadn't made the time to ask, these two friends took it upon themselves to act. They said they "just had a feeling."
I am SO grateful!
All 3 of the girls were so excited! There is just something so sweet about watching your children light up when it's their turn. Krystian was especially fun to watch... she's 6 years old and all over the place at times, but the moment it was her turn... she hopped up onto the chair with a huge smile on her face and sat so still, arms folded, eyes closed and that huge smile... well, it never left her face... it was quite endearing!
I am one lucky mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to your girls this year! I wouldn't have made it through the summer without you & the girls. Good Times!