Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh I so needed a laugh!

So, I took the girls down to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon this morning. We were all just playing in the water having a good time when this guy walks up and starts talking to me...

The following is a conversation I had with my 13 year old daughter:
After he finally leaves, Kayla says...
"mom, you are just so cute... that guy was totally hitting on you!"
Okay... whatever Kayla!
"No mom... he thought you were hot... I could totally tell. I KNOW what I'm talking about mom! I mean it's not like you are the typical boring, old mom... for all he knows, you really are our nanny or something."
No wait... it's gets better!
"You're kind of out there some times, in a good way... you look really young for your age, even though you are kind of old, oh and you always dress really cute too... kind of hip and stuff. Seriously mom... you are really cool sometimes."

K, are you rolling on the floor laughing yet!? Seriously???

btw... his name was Jacob and cute Jacob was 21 years old people... info he offered up all on his own... oh, and he really did ask if I was the girls nanny....
Yes, you all should be peeing your pants right about now!!!

I dont' know whats more embarrassing...
the conversation with my daughter or the part where I admit to being completely clueless to whats going on!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

That's not one bit surprising my friend! You are a babe, and Kayla is right! She is now your life coach... all decisions should officially be run through her starting now.

Heather Anne said...

Oh my gosh... It's pretty sad when my 13 year old daughter is more clued in than I am! Seriously... I'm kind of embarrassed! Natalie says I should log that "nanny" comment though for future reference! Funny Ha Ha...

Marci said...

I'm not at all surprised either. I think that Kayla is totally correct. You deserve every bit of positive attention that you get. :D