Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Starvation Reservoir...

The girls and I took a trip with the family to Starvation Reservoir... and yes, the name is a perfect description of the place! If I had to guess I'd say that anything that comes within 10 miles of this place DIES of either heat stroke or starvation! Starvation Reservoir is about 2 hours outside of Salt Lake City, just east of Heber. To the north is the High Uintas and to the south is Strawberry Reservoir (which is bear country)... so how this barren, desert landscape found it's way to this part of Utah is a mystery!
We had a blast though! We went with my dad, his wife Nette and their son Travis, as well as my brother Corey, his wife Rachel and their boys, Nathan and Jacob. We camped out, fished, swam in the lake and relaxed on the surprisingly tranquil beach.
Good times...

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Looks like a GREAT time was had by all. What a nice little family trip!