Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soul Search...

Rehash...
This has been the craziest summer I can ever remember! And though there are times when nothing seems to make sense, I look at what I do have and I realize how incredibly blessed I am! My life is full of unconditional love, never-ending craziness which equals complete happiness, and amazing frienships. I really do have it all...

Reflect...
I used to keep a gratitude journal... faithfully... I kept this gratitude journal during one of the hardest times in my life. There were days when coming up with something was SO difficult, but I wrote down atleast 5 things I was grateful for every day... and you know what? No matter how bad the day had been, I was always able to find the good in things. I'm guessing this is where I gained the optimistic attitude???

Recommit...
So today I begin down that path again... fully comitted and full of gratitude!
#1. I'm grateful for my shopping trip with my dad last night which consisted of buying a fishing license and a baseball cap (for me)!
#2. I'm grateful for playing basketball games with my brothers!
#3. I'm grateful for the ambush I received tonight by my sweet young women!
#4. I'm grateful for crying, then laughing, followed by more crying, followed by peace!
#5. I'm grateful that I wasn't bit by a spider last night in my sleep! (I'm totally serious)

The gratitude continues... I'll be updating my "I'm Grateful..." list (to the left) regularly. :)

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

You're an inspiration. There are so many positives in this life that it is a waste of time to fret about the negatives. You are a good example to your GIRLS