Monday, December 10, 2012

the crafty christmas...

As I've mentioned before, I L.O.V.E. making gifts rather than purchasing them... and this Christmas is no different.  I love making things because it keeps me busy.  No, I don't think that I'm not already busy enough chasing an almost 2 year old around, I just long for a different type of busy sometimes... the creative busy.  Creativity keeps me sane!  If I'm feeling overwhelmed, anxious, flustered-ish {yes, that is a technical term}, I break out the sketch book, the sewing machine or a gallon of Mod-Podge and my medium of choice, paper!  Making something always seems to put that spring back into my step.  One of my site faves, Pinterest, helps me keep those creative moments flowing with ideas galore!  Here are a few of the things {or a version of} I may be making for my littlest one this year.  On the must make list is the finger puppets and the quiet book... anything to keep this little boy happy at church. He's also getting a stocking full of Hot Wheels... no, he's not old enough yet {technically}for these, but he is obsessed with them, so I need to come up with a carrying case like the one below.
Which ever ideas make it under the tree this year, I do know that making that something special for my little man makes the gift giving process so much more meaningful. {awe... wasn't that a warm fuzzy moment}

robot
{via}

Cute finger puppets
{via}

Car wallet. Great idea for traveling anywhere with little boys. Luv!
{via}

printable template for Mr. Potato Head quiet book
{via}
Are you a Christmas crafter too?  If you spot something fabulous, send the idea my way. :)
For more ideas, check out my Pinterest board, The Little Things in Life...

Happy Christmas Crafting!

No comments: