Friday, July 10, 2009

Well and Healthy... or not.

So, a lot of you have been asking for an update on me... the mom of the bunch!
I think I may have forgotten what it feels like to be the normal healthy me. I'm definitely not as sick as I was when I first got sick back in April, but as I was talking to a friend the other day about all of this, I realized that I'm so used to feeling this way that I don't really remember what I felt like before.
The illness is definitely making its way back into my life. I woke up a couple of days ago and had a really hard time getting out of bed... The tremors and dizziness are back too, which is just more annoying than anything serious. I think what I notice the most is the constant pain and weakness in my arm and legs. I'm managing it all the best I can. I've found that as long as I work through the pain rather than staying in bed... the better I do in the long run.
So, what's in store? As promised, I plan to return to the neurologist before the end of summer. I'm letting him run ONE more test... the lumbar puncture (aka: spinal tap). I can't decided which version sounds better... they both give me the creeps!!! Apparently it's painless (unless they hit a nerve)...

Well and healthy, or not... sometimes you just do the best you can and make the best of less than desirable conditions. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

I wish all of us who care about you, could take a turn of your painfulness for about a week apiece, and let you have a nice, long, healthy break.

Cami said...

Oh Heather... you are still in my prayers! Thanks for keeping us updated! I sure wish you didn't have to go through this :(