Wednesday, October 3, 2012

to gift: {a growth chart}

Finally posting a "project/gift" that I made for a friends baby shower a year ago... yes, a year ago {that's just how caught up I am :) }!
I have a curse... I have this insane desire {need} to make gifts rather than buy them. I love it!  The entire thing is a creative process for me which is probably why I love it so much.  I know making gifts sounds nice and all, but being the overachieving perfectionist that I am, making a gift can sometimes become a huge ordeal.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE making and creating things!  And more often than not, I would rather make it and give it away than keep it for myself, but when I make something for someone else I feel like it has to be absolutely flawless.  Flawlessness can be the doom of a perfectionist like myself. Ugh.

On to the project...
A friend of mine adopted a baby girl and I wanted to make something special for this sweet little soul.  
Growth charts are all the craze these days, I love to paint, so why not make one myself {or attempt to}.
Here it is...
{baby Alexis ~ tweet}




 Maybe someday I'll get around to making a growth chart for my own child.  And, hopefully that happens well before he's grown! Until then, I hope you enjoy my little work of art...........

No comments: