Thursday, May 24, 2012

the 'bachelor pad' table gets a makeover...

When Brad and I got married I 'inherited' this super fabulous coffee table.  I'll admit, I wasn't a fan.  I love wood furniture, but I'm a bit on the picky side.  If it isn't finished in a deep espresso finish I don't really want it in my house. {even if it's free!} :)  I do however love to get my hands on a great piece of furniture and transform it with my favorite medium... paint.  Paint seems to make everything better.  So once my husband relinquished his kung-fu grip on this blessed table, the design wheels began to turn.

The Plan:  something simple and inexpensive... bead board panels, bonding primer, a quart of honey colored paint, dark brown glaze {my own concoction}, and a polycrylic finish.
And the bachelor pad table gets a total overhaul makeover!  And in 2 days no less... which is pretty good with a newly walking, 14mo. old running around the house getting into everything.
in process
Ta-Da!  I am very happy with the finished look.  {it is the same table, I promise}

love the blue knobs
I paneled the three sides and left the front with the drawers open as a bookshelf.

 And added a little distressed effect for texture and dimension.
I've painted furniture for other people for years, but never for myself {I have no idea why}... well, here's to the first of many projects.  Maybe Brad has some more furniture in storage that I can paint!

3 comments:

Olive's Granddaughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olive's Granddaughter said...

Love the table....great job, Heather!

Anonymous said...

I love this table Heather!!!