Monday, January 17, 2011

2 weeks down... 2 more to go...

The past two weeks have been full of enlightenment and soul searching. 2 weeks down and 2 more to go... that's how we're getting through this. In little manageable chunks. Just think, the baby is now 2 weeks healthier, 2 weeks older, 2 weeks closer to being born safely and healthy. This makes me VERY happy. I'm actually beginning to think that maybe I can do this. I can do this...

I didn't get to this point without my lows though. I'll be honest. This new challenge has been exactly that, a challenge. 2 weeks of crying and nervous, sleepless nights. 2 weeks full anxiety. 2 weeks of irritability and depression. And 2 weeks of remembering how strong I'm really capable of being. I learned a whole lot about myself over a 2 week period and I'm guessing I'll continue to learn a lot more, so... bring it on!

I spent the day today with my mother-in-law and came to the discovery that this whole experience is a gift. The gift of time. I have been desperately searching for time... time at home, time with my girls, time with Brad, time with friends, time by myself... you get the picture. Well, the Lord gave me this... He gave me time, and LOTS of it. And rather than focus on all that I can't do with my time right now I need to look at what I can do with my time and make the most of it.

My favorite moments...
  • Lying still in a completely quiet house and feeling my very active little boy move and squirm and wiggle. At times I swear there is an entire soccer team in there.
  • Watching my sweet daughter Cammy paint the kitchen cabinets simply because she knew it was driving me crazy to look at how ugly they were every day.
  • Spending hours talking to my mother-in-law and realizing that I DO have a mom.
  • Kayla cuddling with my belly every time she sees me.
  • Being inundated with friend after friend calling, coming over, making me feel normal... I really do have a wonderful group of friends that I can count on at any time for anything.
  • Watching everything in the house getting done without me lifting a finger. I might be able to get used to this.
I can do this...

2 comments:

Frukie said...

I've been thinking about you a lot! I'm praying for every good blessing to come your way. Hang in there!

Grandma Turtle said...

When you're happy, I'm happy. And when you're not, I'm not. Glad to hear you are making it through. You can count the days left on your fingers and toes. :)