Tuesday, April 6, 2010

But mom... I was bored...

So, I came home from running errands the other day to find my oldest daughter, Kayla locked in the bathroom.

Me: Kayla what are you doing in there?
Kayla: I don't want to come out... I'm afraid you'll get mad at me.
(hmmm... just what every parent wants to hear)
Me: Well, what did you do that is going to make me mad?
Kayla: I got bored and now I need you to fix something.
(this doesn't sound good)
Me: You need to open the door if you want me to help you.
(mom gets more and more aggravated and begins shaking the door knob)
Me: Open this door.... NOW!
Kayla: Okay, but be nice to me.
(um... I can't make any promises)
Me: Okay, but if you make me wait much longer I'm going to be less nice.

The door slowly opens and I find my beautiful daughter missing a rather large chunk of her longer than long hair.
Right in the front!

Kayla: I was bored so I decided to cut my hair just a little bit, but I slipped.
Me: That looks like more than a slip.
Kayla: You're not funny mom.
Me: I'm hilarious. So, what do you want ME to do about this?
Kayla: Just fix it mommy please.
(of course she throws a "mommy" in there for effect)

She's just lucky I know how to cut hair!
So, I ended up having to take about 7 inches off the back just to get the "slip" to blend in. Her hair is still long, but on Kayla it looks soooooo short. I would like to say that Kayla learned a lesson and won't be cutting her hair by herself ever again, but no, I guarantee she'll do it again someday... and then she'll call me to come fix it! :)

before and after... she's still a cutie.

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

You can't post this without a picture! Come on, Heather! :)

Grandma Turtle said...

Weren't scissors invented specifically for 'hair exploration'?